Thursday, June 10, 2010

Easy Homemade Biscuits.

This is really a recipe from the hubby... I am just sharing it!!
He recently made them for me so....i thought i would share. I did not take a pic though!! i need to start taking a pic of every meal... I never know when i might wanna share my recipe!!

Easy Quick Homemade Biscuits

3 cups Self rising flour
1 tablespoon of Sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of butter
1/4 cup of shortening
1 cup of milk

1. Preheat oven to 450. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt. Use a pastry blender cut in butter (did not do this we just put it in because we do not have a pastry blender!) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add milk all at once. Using a fork, stir just until mixture is moistened.

2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface  Knead dough by folding it . (the hubs did all his knead in the bowl.. MEN)
Roll dough until about 3/4 inch think.  Cut dough with biscuit cutter, or whatever you want to use. I used a round cookie cutter. ( you can also drop biscuits using a spoon onto the cooking sheet.)

3. Place biscuits on cooking sheet Bake for 10 to 14 minutes and butter them up for a awesome taste!!


(I recommend more Sugar, not sure how much hubs put in but we decided it need more after eating them)

No comments:

Post a Comment